Prev: Re: RE: [FT] Salvo Missile Range + Plasma Bolt question Next: Re: [FT] Salvo Missile Range + Plasma Bolt question

RE: RE: [FT] Salvo Missile Range + Plasma Bolt question

From: "Peter Mancini" <peter_mancini@m...>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 15:58:33 EST
Subject: RE: RE: [FT] Salvo Missile Range + Plasma Bolt question

>The fixed range from the ship's initial location is not the most
realistic
>but it works.	If inertia is added to SMs, then we better add it to
fighter
>movement and fighter launches, and additional problems will then show
up.

Ah, the age old problem of Game vs. Simulation.  Clearly the rules are
unrealistic and at extremes give bad results.  On the other hand, at low

speeds the game plays quickly and the results are not too badly skewed.

If I had my druthers I'd want to find a solution to the game balance
problem
that allowed for inertia.  Why have vector movement at all if you are
going
to discriminate against non-ships?

The balance problem can be solved by observing the advanced rules
concerning
sensors from FT.  A pre-game system that determines where on the board
ships
come in and at what speeds and who is acquired would help.  I am
currently
working on something that is fast and fun and it would help prevent 50
MU
sector clearing sweeps with inertia using missiles.  Well, at least cut
down
on the problem.

Get more from your time online.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com

Prev: Re: RE: [FT] Salvo Missile Range + Plasma Bolt question Next: Re: [FT] Salvo Missile Range + Plasma Bolt question