Prev: RE: (whoops, and Aliens FMA) Next: Re: (whoops, and Aliens FMA)

Gurkha 2183 style - SG2 figs?

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 18:09:28 -0500
Subject: Gurkha 2183 style - SG2 figs?

Hello all

Nic at Eureka has this wonderful thing called the 100 club. A number of
us
here think the Gurkhas of 2183 would make a wonderful figure set/line.
However, wisely Nic requests that we authorize at least 100 to get a
worthwhile initial purchase. This gets you 4 poses.

Well, in order to form a useful platoon, I'd guess 8 poses are needed,
so
I'd say we need to be able to put together enough interest to authorize
200
figures.

Myself and a few friends here in Canada can gaurantee we'll take 100-110
figures (minimum) if we can get the order for 200 to authorize 8 poses
be
produced. What I'm looking for now is people willing to "put their money
where their mouth is" and order about 80-90 of these figures. This has
to be
sight unseen, but if you've seen other OU and similar GZG figures, you
know
the quality you are dealing with.

My idea for Gurkhas would involve
- tropical fighting order
- some webgear
- Gurkha broad-brimmed hats
- NAC ARs or a home-brew AR
- kukris

Since we'd have eight poses, I'd campaign for:
1) A figure standing firing from the hip
2) A figure standing firing from the shoulder
3) A figure advancing with rifle
4) A figure holding rifle in one hand pointed up and pointing with the
other
(squad leader/sgt)
5) A figure firing a SAW from the hip
6) An alternate standing advancing with rifle pose
7) A figure with an IPG (I figure historically Gurkhas have always been
fond
of things that make things go boom!)
8) A figure advancing in a crouch with rifle in one hand and drawn
kurkri in
the other

I have access to some good resources from which the facial features,
uniforms, etc can be drawn from to aide the sculptor.

So, in order to make this happen, I need the warm fuzzy feeling that if
say to Nic "go ahead and cut 200 of these fellows", I don't get stuck
with
120 myself. So anyone willing to take a squad or much better a platoon,
get
in touch with me. Once I figure we have 200 figures worth and I'm fairly
confident everyone will go ahead with this, I'll give Nic my credit card
and
say "Go Mate!".

My email is in my sig. Let me here from you if you're interested and
ready
to drop the cash today.

Thomas R. S. Barclay
Voice: (613) 722-3232 ext 349
e-mail: tomb@bitheads.com

Do not go where the path may lead,
go instead where there is no path
and leave a trail.
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

Prev: RE: (whoops, and Aliens FMA) Next: Re: (whoops, and Aliens FMA)