Prev: Re: [SGII] Re First SG2 game Next: Re: Help for Oerjan)

Re: Help for Oerjan)

From: Glenn m wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2000 23:42:46 EDT
Subject: Re: Help for Oerjan)

On Sun, 08 Oct 2000 21:47:50 -0400 Allan Goodall <awg@sympatico.ca>
writes:

>So, do you think that the members of the NAC would be called
>"Americans" by
>everyone else? Or "English"? I supposet they're called "Anglos", short
>for
>Anglians.

Makes sense, esp. for the LLAR types whose predecessors  already call
"Americanos" 'Anglos' - I call all my non-hispanic, non-Cherokee family
members in my genealogy stuff 'anglos' as a group even though I keep the
European roots noted also (Scots, Irish, Dutch, French-(?Canadian,) and
German-Jew) so that would seem to be derivative and consistent.

Although the upper crust NAC might trace their lineage to 'UK' roots
since the UK came to the call of the USA to restore order (And recapture
that 'lost colony' <grin>) and might be perceived as more upper class.
Okay, I'll include Canadians in that group too <grin> since I think the
RCMP might have had a hand in 'restoring order' after the troops moved
on...

>Hmmm... Wonder what the citizens of the other nation groups would be
>called.
>NSL = Swabians? How about "Neubies"? *L*
>ESU = Eurasians, I guess.
>FSE = Europans? Feds?
>
>What about the other groups?
>

>Allan Goodall			awg@sympatico.ca
>Goodall's Grotto:  http://www.vex.net/~agoodall

Gracias, Triphibious/Glenn
Triphibious Marines = Nektons.
Not all Frogs are French, or even Human!
Nektons, be all the Marine you can be!
Resistance is EVERYTHING!

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Prev: Re: [SGII] Re First SG2 game Next: Re: Help for Oerjan)