Prev: Re: [figures] Interesting development Next: Re: [figures] Interesting development

Re: [figures] Interesting development

From: Glenn m wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 13:34:23 EDT
Subject: Re: [figures] Interesting development

On Sat, 30 Sep 2000 09:11:31 -0700 Mark Reindl <mreindl@pacbell.net>
writes:
>I heard about this a few months back, but didn't recognize the
>implications
>for minis gaming.  I wonder if that would be considered piracy if you
>copied
>an existing mini (seeing as how we've seen some people on this mailing
>list
>who've done great work with rendering existing minis in 3d).  Not
>trying to
>start a long thread here, just curious about the legal aspects of
>it....
>
>Mark

Haven't read the article yet (no browser at home) but it seems pretty
straight forward as to your question.  If it's a copy of a copyrighted
artifact you would, ISTM, have infringed on that copyright.  Now
creating
something similar after being inspired by another mini; I don't know
where the line is...

Gracias, Triphibious/Glenn
Triphibious Marines = Nektons.
Not all Frogs are French, or even Human!
Nektons, be all the Marine you can be!
Resistance is EVERYTHING!

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!

Prev: Re: [figures] Interesting development Next: Re: [figures] Interesting development