Prev: Tyranny of the rosette Re: [FT] New way of moving ships Next: Re: Target rich system

Re: Target rich system

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 17:59:41 -0400
Subject: Re: Target rich system

> At this point I was mainly trying to get as many Ideas together as I
can
> before I start narrowing things down.  Also it might allow a forum for
us
> discus Fleet organization. What is a good reinforcement or raiding
fleet
and
> what is a bad one?

> How do use a fleet that has political strings attached?  What limiting
> factors can come with an allied fleet.

If you're trying to set up battles rather than finish a campaign, you
could
use the "allied" fleet to help even things out.  For example, the PAU
fleet
suffers a crushing defeat at the hands of the IF.  The UN steps in and
defends the PAU planets--or the NSL sends a task force to reinforce the
PAU
until they're back to parity with the IF forces in sector.

> How to you emulate a flaky commodore?

Depends on how flaky you want them to be.  Make a list of
possibilities--"comes to the battle late; doesn't close with the enemy;
breaks off when his ships have suffered an average of one threshold
each"--and roll dice for which one applies.

The point, I thought, of your "Single System" idea is to simplify the
campaign.  Who wants to administrate when you can play instead?

Prev: Tyranny of the rosette Re: [FT] New way of moving ships Next: Re: Target rich system