Prev: Re: [FT] New way of moving ships Next: Re: Target rich system

Tyranny of the rosette Re: [FT] New way of moving ships

From: devans@u...
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 16:18:56 -0500
Subject: Tyranny of the rosette Re: [FT] New way of moving ships

When I asked for opposing positions, I specifically meant whether the
starting positions should be rosette locked to the table edges. Boy, was
naive. ;->=

Firstly, of course any group may make it's own home rules about
movement,
but that the standard movement is regulated, strictly, by the clock
facings
seems as obvious to me as it was not in some minds from the beginning of
their play.

As an aside, do you say an ships order of port 4 is a facing change on
the
first half of the turn anywhere from port 1 point to port 3 points, or
port
1.5 to port 2.5, basically creating a 24 point rosette? Or is it
whatever
you feel like?

As the movement system is supposed to be simultaneous, how do you make
your
final decision of ultimate nose pointing? If a ship is in which ever
spread
you have in the paragraph above, do you turn until you get a shot?

The twelve points ARE arbitrary, and a real pain the tighter the
weapon's
arc of fire, but appropriate to me. If they are too confining in your
options, may I suggest Star Fleet Battle Manual. An arbitrary rosette,
still, but with 400 points, it should feel more like the granularity you
seem to be seeking.

Too painful for me, though. 12 are JUST enough for me.

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: Re: [FT] New way of moving ships Next: Re: Target rich system