Prev: RE: (EFSB) wanted:pdf file of ship control sheets Next: Re: [FT] Vector v Cinematic Poll Results

Re: [FT] DDs and DHs inspired by WW2 types

From: Robert Crawford <crawford@k...>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 14:19:45 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] DDs and DHs inspired by WW2 types

On Wed, Aug 30, 2000 at 12:40:19PM -0400, Chris DeBoe wrote:
> Traveler had some variations--Book 5/High Guard, I think?   There were
> combinations of basic shape and streamlining.  One was, I think,
"extended"
> structure, which I always visualized as a Tinkertoy framework with
modules
> stuck on where convenient.  It would be lousy at maneuver but cheap to
> build.

	Yes, but why would you take anything but the flattened
sphere? If I remember, that gave you streamlining _and_ a mass/cost
savings.

--
						crawford@iac.net

"If you want a functional site, don't go to a glamour design shop."
			-- Jakob Nielsen

Prev: RE: (EFSB) wanted:pdf file of ship control sheets Next: Re: [FT] Vector v Cinematic Poll Results