Prev: [FT] Relative damage Next: Re: [FT] Relative damage

Re: Gravitational effects on orbits

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 20:36:28 -0400
Subject: Re: Gravitational effects on orbits

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000 21:57:36 -0400, Laserlight <laserlight@quixnet.net>
wrote:

>Allan and I were discussing this offlist and realized there had
>been an oversight in a formula, so the numbers given previously
>were not correct.

To be honest, I was the one making the oversight. The new formula looks
correct. Large gas giants would still be a pain, though, depending on
density
(as I mentioned, Uranus actually has slightly less gravity than Earth at
the
surface).

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

Prev: [FT] Relative damage Next: Re: [FT] Relative damage