Prev: Re: Paint Removal Next: RE: Re: SG2: Vietnam ("Siagon - s**t, I'm still only in ...")

Re: Paint Removal

From: Kevin Walker <sage@b...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 10:20:17 -0500
Subject: Re: Paint Removal

on 7/27/00 9:21, Mark Reindl at mreindl@pacbell.net wrote:

> If you used acrylics, Pine Sol, Easy Off Oven Cleaner, or brake fluid
will do
> the trick.  Just let 'em soak in whatever you choose for awhile, then
take a
> toothbrush and running water to it.  I've been using the oven cleaner
lately,
> and it works great.

Standard house paint remover works well too (acetone?).  As with most of
this stuff use the proper gloves (and change glove set with this stuff.

One thing I should mention about oven cleaner is some metal mixtures
react
with a chemical(s) in the oven cleaner if left soaking too long.  I
ended up
with some GW terminators that took on a black surface after soaking for
day or two.  This "crust" was annoying thing to scrap off (harder to
scrape
than the metal it had adhered to and I ended up just priming over it
even
thought the texture was a little rough.

Kevin Walker
sage@bresnanlink.net

Prev: Re: Paint Removal Next: RE: Re: SG2: Vietnam ("Siagon - s**t, I'm still only in ...")