Prev: RE: SG2: World War 2 conversion Next: Re: Paint Removal

Re: Paint Removal

From: bbrush@u...
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 09:37:13 -0500
Subject: Re: Paint Removal

I've done Pine-sol, and various others, but IMO they take too long and
don't do a good enough job.  I now use pure acetone and a toothbrush.
It
will take about 5 minutes at most.  The one thing you'll need to be sure
of
is to use it with plenty of ventilation.  I usually take mine outside
when
I need to strip a mini.

Bill

		    Mark Reindl

		    <mreindl@pacbell.ne        To:
gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
		    t>			       cc:

		    Sent by:		       Subject:     Re: Paint
Removal
		    owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Be

		    rkeley.EDU

		    07/27/00 09:21 AM

		    Please respond to

		    gzg-l

John,

If you used acrylics, Pine Sol, Easy Off Oven Cleaner, or brake fluid
will
do the
trick.	Just let 'em soak in whatever you choose for awhile, then take a
toothbrush
and running water to it.  I've been using the oven cleaner lately, and
it
works
great.

Mark

John Fox wrote:

> Hello Everyone:
>   Attempted to paint a Kra'Vak a lime green with a black undercoat.
Came
out
> looking like crap.  How do I get the dried paint off without hurting
the
metal?