Prev: Re: KV Paint job Next: Re: KV Paint job

Re: KV Paint job

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 21:10:56 -0700
Subject: Re: KV Paint job

>KV Paint job at
>http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/images/ft/shippicts/kvpaint.jpg
>
>comments appreciated.

OK, looks as if you started with a purple base coat, splotched with
black,
and then finished with green striping. Lurid, but not a bad combo all
told.

Here's what I's suggest to spruce it up:

After applying the base coat, drydrush with a lighter shade to bring out
the panels and raised area. Do the same, very carefully, with a grey on
the
black areas. By brushing only the center portion of each black area,
you'll
get the sense of depth AND a heightened differentiation between the two
colors (the purple and black, that is). If you feel ambitious, you can
pick
out individual small panels for contrast in any given area, though I'd
advise to use a lighter color rather than a darker one for this.

Toodles.

Schoon

Prev: Re: KV Paint job Next: Re: KV Paint job