Prev: Re: KV Paint job Next: [OT] FREE computer game

Re: KV Paint job

From: aebrain@d...
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 05:13:54 GMT
Subject: Re: KV Paint job

>>KV Paint job at
>>http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/images/ft/shippicts/kvpaint.jpg
>>
>>comments appreciated.

>Here's what I's suggest to spruce it up:
>
>After applying the base coat, drydrush with a lighter shade to bring
out
>the panels and raised area. Do the same, very carefully, with a grey on
the

>black areas.

If that's too much work, I've been able to get away with a *subtle*
drybrush
of light grey, regardless of the basic colour. You definitely need
something
to de-camouflage it. At the moment, it's "Standard KraVak Disruptive"
that works
all too well. The detail is lost in the paint job.

Take a look at the OU ships on my web site. Remember that the basic
model doesn't
have a heck of a lot of gross detail, it's rather subtle. Then allow for
the
4-colour shapes, white lines, spirals, dots, stripes etc.

eg http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain/FT/OU3A.JPG

Without the grey drybrush, the panels etc were invisible. With it, the
lines
get accented, and the base colour comes through to fool the eye into
thinking
the lighter colour isn't grey.

Prev: Re: KV Paint job Next: [OT] FREE computer game