Prev: Re: interesting Glen's designs/gaming Next: Re: Simple Questions

Re: Sa'Vasku FTL

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@y...>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 13:48:27 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Sa'Vasku FTL

> If it is only the power requirement that's important
> for SV FTL jumps,
> why do large SV ships have physically bigger FTL
> drives than small
> ones?
>
> Regards,
>
> Oerjan Ohlson
> oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

     The 'S' are marginal as is with the power
required to make a jump.  (To make a graceful
exit from battle, the 'S' must start the jump
process prior to the damage entering the third
row of damage boxes.   So that the damage taken
during the warm up process will not reach the
end of the third row.	If the third row is
lost the ship (in most cases) cannot jump.
I say 'in most cases' because I have not checked
ALL of the 'S' ships, just the ones I am using
currently.

     But to rationalize your question, the 'S'
have power problems as the basis for the
game.	(Exactly like the early Star Fleet
Battles game.)	 If the 'S' require too much
power to jump, they could never be a viable
force in battle and would always run away
or be forced to fight to the death when the
first row of damage boxes was completed.

     Yes, I acknowledge the possibility for
the 'overmass' ship to abuse the concept by
converting the fighters into more power
generators and solving the power problem.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: interesting Glen's designs/gaming Next: Re: Simple Questions