Prev: RE: blue! Next: SV: "Custom" fleets

Re: "Custom" fleets

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 21:37:41 +0200
Subject: Re: "Custom" fleets

Bell, Brian K wrote:

>A valid question.
>As I stated, I usually play fixed edge, but understand the
artificialness of
>it.
>Last month, I posted a similar question to Oerjan about what to do
>when an opponent performes a pincher movement that takes both >parts
of his fleet off the table. I do not remember a satisfactory answer.

Sorry about that. My gaming table is wide enough that the
"non-pincering" fleet needs to be extremely dispersed - effectively
trying its own pincer movement - in order to force the enemy pincers so
far apart that they both risk leaving the table on opposite sides in
order to move outside the enemy weapon range at maneuvering speeds.
Since such a split-up almost invariably leads to one side or the other
reconsidering its plans

During the past six years I've only had it (significant undamaged
forces leaving the table in two opposite directions at once) happen
four or five times, and those times we used the same approach as Indy
described - grab a chair as a temporary extension. Your split-table
approach looks doable as well, but I've never tried that.

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: RE: blue! Next: SV: "Custom" fleets