Prev: Re: FB2... hmmmm... Next: [FT] Testing Houserules (old and new)

RE: FB2... hmmmm...

From: "Dean Gundberg" <dean.gundberg@n...>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 16:03:25 -0500
Subject: RE: FB2... hmmmm...

> I can sort of see your implication... OTOH, the people I play
> with don't use
> them and don't see fighters as too strong anyway.  I've had
> fighter superiority
> and won; I've given up fighter superiority and won.  I don't
> agree with the
> logic behind morale rules (as I said, if you've got over 200 fighters
with
> you in a given battle, losing most of a particular five doesn't strike
me
> as something that's going to put the fear of the cosmic gods into you)
and
> I don't terribly worry about fighters being invincible either
> way.

If a fighter pilot has his wingman and half of his squadron explode in
front
of him, I believe there would be some second thoughts on attacking.
There
may be a lot of other fighters around but those he bunks with and is
closest
to are gone.

Also the type of game you are playing skews the results.  One-off,
massive
point games have their place but are very different than scenarios and
linked campaign games.	With your 15% survival rate on fighters,
replacing
170+ fighters after each battle will eat up lots of production and the
massive ships have a tough time defending several systems at one time.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://star_ranger.homestead.com/
star_ranger@my-deja.com

Prev: Re: FB2... hmmmm... Next: [FT] Testing Houserules (old and new)