Prev: Re: [FT] Missing ships Next: Re: [FT] Missing ships

Re: [FT] Missing ships

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 11:28:02 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT] Missing ships

G'day Schoon,

 >Minor Powers:
 >New Israel (NI) - Self-Design & Purchase (Assorted Suppliers)

Yep

 >Islamic Federation (IF) - Self-Design

Think they probably did some purchasing as well, either off another
minor
power or the ESU/FSE I'd guess

 >League of Latin American Republics (LLAR) - Purchase (ESU & FSE)

Yep

 >Romanov Hegemony (RH) - Produces ESU Designs

Nope, can't see that one sorry (a) why would the ESU supply their major
philosophical enemy and (b) why would the RH buy stuff off there
philosophical enemy (not like its a recent split, they've been separate
for
150 yrs haven't they...in GZGverse time that is)... or does Taiwan buy
its
military hardware off China and I'm just too thick to have noticed
(which
is quite possible mind you)?

 >Free Cal-Tex (FCT) - Produces NAC Designs

Yep, though I can see it playing a wider field too and maybe dabbling in
few home made "armed merchantmen"

 >Oceanic Union (OU) - Self-Design & Purchase (Assorted Suppliers)

Yep

 >Indonesian Commonwealth (IC) - Self-Design

Another one where I think they'd be buying off others also - once again
most likely the ESU

 >Scandinavian Federation (SF) - Self-Design

Probably

 >Saeed Khalifate (SK) - Produces IF Designs

At the start (the ones they ceased when they split), but I'm guessing
they'll end up buying off other suppliers or kit-bashing their own
(maybe
little more than modifying old IF designs they have to hand)... bit like

the ESU-RH situation I'd guess (though 90 years younger).

 >Japan - Produces NAC Designs

Why not a load of their own too - of all the nations I could see taking
their own path by then I'd say these guys would be at the top of the
list
(especially if they end up the way all anime fans expect... fighter/mech
heavy)

 >Holland - Purchase (NSL, ScanFed, Swiss)

Yep

 >Switzerland - Self-Design

Maybe some purchasing.

Just some thoughts

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: [FT] Missing ships Next: Re: [FT] Missing ships