Prev: Re: [FT] Missing ships Next: Re: [FT] Missing ships

Re: [FT] Missing ships

From: "Robert W. Hofrichter" <RobHofrich@p...>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 21:29:20 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Missing ships

----- Original Message -----
From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@pacbell.net>
To: <gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Sent: Sunday, May 28, 2000 8:08 PM

> I'd say that the question is not EXACTLY who bought what, but who
generally
> buys from whom.

I agree with the question, but...

> The Players on the field:
>
> Superpowers:
> New Anglian Confederation (NAC) - Self-Design
> Eurasian Solar Union (ESU) - Self-Design
> United Nations (UN) - Self-Design
>
> Major Powers:
> New Swabian League (NSL) - Self-Design
> Federal States Europa (FSE) - Self-Design
>
> Minor Powers:
> New Israel (NI) - Self-Design & Purchase (Assorted Suppliers)
> Islamic Federation (IF) - Self-Design
> League of Latin American Republics (LLAR) - Purchase (ESU & FSE)
> Romanov Hegemony (RH) - Produces ESU Designs

I don't agree with the RH one, since the split occurred before FTL and
since
the RH FTL ships were develped with AC/EU assistance per canon.  Because
the
Romanovs are related to the Windsors (yes, I know that's not the real
name),
I see NAC as having some influence.  the NSL also since generally
speaking
the old "enemy of my enemy" line seems to work here.

> Free Cal-Tex (FCT) - Produces NAC Designs
> Oceanic Union (OU) - Self-Design & Purchase (Assorted Suppliers)
> Indonesian Commonwealth (IC) - Self-Design

I'd think some purchase would be involved with the IC as well.	Perhaps
ESU
or FSE.

> Scandinavian Federation (SF) - Self-Design

I'd think there's plenty of purchase here with NAC, FSE, ESU, NSL all
possible.

> Saeed Khalifate (SK) - Produces IF Designs
> Japan - Produces NAC Designs

Some self-design too, I'd think, for the Japanese.

> Holland - Purchase (NSL, ScanFed, Swiss)

I'd see Holland producing its own designs before the Scandinavians.

> Switzerland - Self-Design

Hmmm.  Not enough canon info on this one.  Perhaps some (or mostly)
purchases too.

> That's my take on it. Comments & changes?
>
> Schoon

And the Turks?

My guess would be a mix of NAC or NSL, IF, and self-designs.

Anyway, just my take (basing it on Naval construction in the modern era
for
the most part).

Rob

Prev: Re: [FT] Missing ships Next: Re: [FT] Missing ships