Prev: Re: [FT] Missing ships Next: Re: [FT] Missing ships

Re: [FT] Missing ships

From: aebrain@d...
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 01:22:06 GMT
Subject: Re: [FT] Missing ships

>>Now the question is...who bought them?
>
>I'd say that the question is not EXACTLY who bought what, but who
generally

>buys from whom.

>That's my take on it. Comments & changes?

2 kopins worth incoming......

That's an awful lot of self-designs. I'd change a lot of them to
"self-design
and buy from X".

>The Players on the field:
>Minor Powers:
>Indonesian Commonwealth (IC) - Self-Design

The background I wrote for the IC indicates that the major families are
rolling
in filthy lucre. I see the IC as being a major customer for just about
everybody,
with various factions within the IC tending to buy from various major
powers,
or at best, producing under licence. So an IC fleet would be composed of
mainly
cast-offs from everybody, but lots of them. And some of the cast-offs
would
be so extensively rebuilt internally as to be new designs.

Capital ships might be a different matter. I see most nations that "roll
their
own" (as well as buying) mainly concentrating on the smaller ships, size
100
and below. The Big Stuff requires major dockyards - so are beyond the
capabilities
of the smaller nations. The IC might be different, buying lots of
Ibezas, Nanuchkas,
Tacomas, Stolschen etc while building their own Garuda and Sukarno class
Dreadnaughts
and SuperDreadnaughts.

I want to leave plenty of room for GZG to expand its range of figures
without
running into limitations, yet allow people who wish to field a
reasonable IC
(or PAU or whatever) fleet to do so using the existing range.

Again, very much IMHO and an opinion subject to change as the result of
feedback
from others. These are Ideas. I'm not saying they are Good Ideas.

Prev: Re: [FT] Missing ships Next: Re: [FT] Missing ships