Prev: Re: MT missiles Next: Re: [OT] Bureau of Relocation

Re: Random thoughts on campaigning

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 12:07:35 +1000
Subject: Re: Random thoughts on campaigning

G'day,

 >>THE MAP:
 >Does that mean that, starting from one planet, the hexes you'd
 >go through would be:...>Probably not because below you say a
 >fleet can only move 2 hexes per turn and has to start and end
 >at a planet.	So do you mean Planet A, Deep Space, Planet B?

Oops sorry should've been clearer. The hex map was at the system level
(i.e. star on a hex map represented the star and associated system, and
there was the basic assumption that there was only one thing in the
system,
say a planet that was of the most use to you), empty hexes are deep
space.
Then once in a hex with a system then came the abstract idea of: planet
and
system edge just to signfy whether you're at the FTL boundary or way
inside
the system where you can only move at sublight speeds. Is that any
clearer?

 >>ECONOMICS:
 >>Each planet produces 10 to 100 points per economic turn.
 >>When a player arrives at a planet for the first time and no
 >>other player has owned the
 >>planet before a roll a D10x20
 >
 >d10x10, I imagine?

Actually I think that's something we changed mid stream as 10-100 was
proving to be too constrictive so we moved 20 to 200 (as far as I can
remember).

 >These rules look quite good.

Thanks. Derek wants to run another campaign down here fairly soon
(though
the guys are talking about playing out the battle for Sol so it may be
some
ways off) so if anyone has any suggestions or can you see anything you'd

change we'd be glad to here all comments.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: MT missiles Next: Re: [OT] Bureau of Relocation