Prev: Re: A big problem for the next 100 years - energy demands Next: Re: [Review] Space Dreadnought 3000

Re: Miniatures

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 20:50:11 -0400
Subject: Re: Miniatures

Mikko scribed:

> I play miniatures games, surprisingly, for the miniatures in
them.

What a bizarre thought.  I mostly play using a spreadsheet.

>liked pushing cardboard chits around or plotting things on
paper, I'd be
>playing ASL thankyouverymuch.

I gave up SL somewhere around Cross of Iron.

> Yes, I am not ashamed to admit that I'm a miniatures man first
and gamer
>second. Anything that kills the minis aspect in the game, kills
the game
>for me.

Then instead of having high speed passes, tell your opponent
that there is a cloud of gas, or gravel, or debris from the last
time he came visiting, and each ship takes 1d6 damage for every
20mu/turn velocity after the first 20.

Or set out a few asteroids and stay where you can hide behind
them when he comes charging through.

Prev: Re: A big problem for the next 100 years - energy demands Next: Re: [Review] Space Dreadnought 3000