Prev: Re: Miniatures Next: Re: Random thoughts on campaigning

Re: [Review] Space Dreadnought 3000

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 21:08:09 -0400
Subject: Re: [Review] Space Dreadnought 3000

>> >The game is strategic in nature, not tactical. The basic
game
>> involves
>> >conquest of a Star Centre (s.i.c.)
>>
>> No periods,	"sic" means "thus" in Latin.  As in the motto of
>> Virginia, "sic semper tyrannis!" -- "thus always to tyrants!"
>
>I think he meant 'Spelling Is Correct' since the previous word
was "Centre"
>not the more common form 'Center'

I hadn't meant to post that to the list, but since I did, and
someone replied...

"S.i.c." is not standard.  When you are quoting something odd or
erroneous, and you want to advise your reader that the fault is
with the original rather than yourself, you quote it as you
found it and follow it with _sic_, always italicized and
normally in parentheses.  The meaning it "I know it's wrong, but
I found it thus."

Prev: Re: Miniatures Next: Re: Random thoughts on campaigning