Prev: Re: Underwater Rules Next: Re: Fog of War again

Re: EW Question

From: wargamergmw@j...
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 19:27:22 EDT
Subject: Re: EW Question

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000 18:58:56 -0400 "Robert W. Hofrichter"
<RobHofrich@peoplepc.com> writes:
>I assume that the passive system gives you SOME information faster,
>but that
>the active system gives you a faster firing solution (not the same
>thing,
>really).
>
>I too am of the "space warfare will probably be similar to sub
>warfare"
>school of thought--though some may take that analogy too far-space
>doesn't
>have thermoclines after all!

Hmmm, should have listened in that astronomy class.  How about 'sensor
shadow' effect of planets (Jupiter), asteroid belts and/or "radiation
belts" (Van Allen?) - the last is a stretch, I acknowledge.

>Having said that, I prefer my space games to be a bit simpler (that's
>why I
>like FT/FB).  My PSB?	Power generators and anti-grav drives give off
>way
>too much signature to be masked--so everyone knows where you are (just
>not
>whatr you are, necessarily).
>
>Rob

Good thought and provides more reason to prefer a passive sensor system.

Gracias.
Glenn Wilson, Triple Threat Wargamer - (loses equally well in
SF/Fantasy/Historical Games.)  Prefers Fantasy Dwarves, Starguard
Science
Fiction, 1500-1700 North America Skirmishes, the First Crusade, and most
anything prior to firing pins and Machine Guns

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Prev: Re: Underwater Rules Next: Re: Fog of War again