Prev: Re: FT: EW Next: Re: Detection in tabletop games (was: EW)

Battle Results (FT)

From: John Fox <jfox@v...>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 07:49:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Battle Results (FT)

Hello Everyone:

  This is a battle report for the Full Thrust game that was played at
the Bay
Area Gaming Group Saturday 8 April.

  In the first corner is the FSE with the following ships
  4 - Destroyers (standard design)
  2 - Escort Cruisers (standard design)
  1 - battleship
  1 - Fleet aircraft carrier
  1 - damaged Kra'Vak battleship (lost half points and half of systems)

  In the second corner is the NSL with the following
  5 - Torpedo destroyers
  2 - torpedor cruisers (one medium, 1 TT, 2 B3x, 2 PDAF, 1 screen, T4)
			(one heavy, 1 TT, 4 B3x, 2 PDAF, 1 screen, T4)
  2 Battlecruisers	(1 TT, 2 A3x, 3 PDAF, 2 screens, T4)
  1 Light Aircraft carrier

  The FSE has capture a Kra'Vak battleship (damaged) and is taking it
back to
base for study.  The NSL, which already has a destroyer and a cruiser
captured
does not want the FSE to reverse engineer the Kra'Vak systems. The NAC
operative
has provided the NSL with the flight plan of the group after an
agreement was
reached.
   (NAC showed up in NSL system with LARGE battle force and said we like
waht
you are doing.	It would be a shame if the UN found out you were doing
this and
not letting anyone else know. Such a deal I have for you, we pay 50% and
provide
50% of engineers and we share data.  NSL commander realizing he was
outnumbered
roughtly 3 to 1 made a command decision to agree then informed the NSL
high
command.  Neadless to say his carreer went nowhere).

   FSE has to get the Kra'Vak battleship off end of game board.
   NSL has to destroy battleship and all ships in force so word does not
get
back about raid.

   First two rounds move into position
   Third round.
	The five destroyers fire their pulse torpdeo and hit three times
(3, 5,
6). Two of the three destroyers are finished off by beams from cruisers
and
other two are further damaaged.
	FSE hits two NSL destroyers for 2 to 3 pts.
   Fourth Round
	The five NSL destroyers take a bead on the Kra'Vak and hit five
for five
causing roughly 25 pints of damage and reducing the Kra'Vak to a
floating hulk.
FSE is not pleased.  The NSL then goes on to dismantle one of the
remaining two
destroyers, the second being very close to death and damage the FSE
battleship
slightly. NSL fighters help hurt FSE ships.
	The FSE pushes two destroyers past treashold checks and then
makes the
BB do two threashold checks.
   Fifth Round
	The NSL turns the FSE battleship into a radio (no fire controls
and
destroys its FTL engine). The last destroyer is smashed and one of the
two
cruisers take at least one threashold check. NSL fighters take on FSE
fighters.
	The FSE turns the NSL battleship into a radio and destroys one
destroyer
and makes a few more hurt. NSL PDAFs running hot but some damage done.
   Sixth round
	The NSL futher hurts the FSE BB (now has 1 point left and two DD
on its
tail and catching up). One of the FSE cruisers meets its maker and the
carrier
takes some damage.
	FSE Destroys second destroyer and decides to run. FTL engines
warm up.
   Seventh round
	Battleship gets it.
	FSE cruiser jumps after NSL cruiser blows gunnery rolls.  Gets
caught in
FTL jump area and takes 7 pts damage.
	FSE carrier is assumed to survive.

   Note, the NSL player (myself and another person) were rolling really
hot this
game.  The pulse torpedo rolls were especially great. Of course once I
used up
all my good rolls in this game the Russian fleet ate it big time when
they took
on a German fleet in a little General Quarters WWI action.

   John W. Fox

Prev: Re: FT: EW Next: Re: Detection in tabletop games (was: EW)