Prev: Re: Vehicle Design Philosophy Next: Re: Airbrushes II

Re: Airbrushes II

From: "Scott Jaqua" <jaqua@c...>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 16:00:30 -0700
Subject: Re: Airbrushes II

> A follow up question:
>
> Do airbrushes only operate with acryclics? Seems to me that they'd
work on
> alkyd (oil) based paints also (like the Humbrols) if they were thinned
bit
> with (surprisingly) Paint Thinner. You'd have to clean them up with
thinner,
> but unless there is some part of the mechanism subject to damage from
oil
> based paints or thinners, then they should work too... shouldn't they?
> <Ignorant as I am, I have no idea.....>

Yes you can use oil based paints in a good airbrush. We all were
speaking
about acrylics, because that is what the original poster talked about. I
also tend to use acrylics because airbrush clean up is messy as it is
without worrying about thinner that is toxic.

Scott Jaqua

Prev: Re: Vehicle Design Philosophy Next: Re: Airbrushes II