Prev: Top 10 Reasons GZG-ECC III is Better than Mardi Gras Next: RE: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs?

RE: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs?

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 07:57:38 +1000
Subject: RE: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs?

Jee, sleep for 6 hours and miss all the fun!

Just adressing one point here....someone made a suggestion about whether
Greens may not carry on with the SAW but Regs and above could is very
valid.
The TRAINING to pick up the Support weapon/Section MG whatever is there
but
the reality is much different. For one thing the fact that the Section
Gun
has attracted a WHOLE lot of attention to get hit will dissuade many
inexperienced or less courageous young soldiers from taking the
initiative
and getting the weapon back in action......

So a test or some such for Greens is not unreasonable. Yes I know that
Green
is an Average of teh troops making up the squad! The Regs in a Green
squad
are probably the SL and Gunner....who just got it!

Owen G