Prev: Re: RFACs Vs Infantry Next: Re: [SG] Hand to Hand combat

Re: RFACs Vs Infantry

From: adrian.johnson@s...
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 07:14:12 -0500
Subject: Re: RFACs Vs Infantry

>From my reading of the rules, it looked like the fire power die would
be the
>problem versus infantry, the firepower die is based off the guidance
system
>of the vehicle (basic being a d6), that seems sorta low for a wall of
lead
>being sent into a squad of infantry...
>
>Later
>Christopher Pratt

You'd think that.  But remember, if the weapon is using the vehicle's FC
then it is under some kind of cover (protecting it and the gunner).  A
SAW,
for example, if mounted in a turret on a vehicle with basic FC would get
d6 firepower, and the same weapon carried by a trooper would get a d10
or
so.  But the one on the vehicle gets *armour*....

For the bigger guns, if you're trying to aim your 30mm cannon, using a
basic fc, it probably isn't very "nimble" in it's mountings - and
shooting
at dodging/weaving infantry would be difficult.

Adrian

Prev: Re: RFACs Vs Infantry Next: Re: [SG] Hand to Hand combat