Prev: Re: RFACs Vs Infantry Next: Re: FT: Strikeboat design

Re: [SG] Hand to Hand combat

From: adrian.johnson@s...
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 07:18:22 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG] Hand to Hand combat

>>Sorry, what I meant was more in the lines of two guys vs one
>guy, say a
>>squad of eight vs a squad of six.  If the two who double up
>face off a
>>veteran who roles well, they might not be able to beat him.  I
>think that
>>the you should have to roll against each attacker, not just the
>once.
>

>You are making the assumption that everyone lines up and charges
>forwards in neat lines.  It ain't necessarily so.  Being
>outnumbered in melee is generally fatal, but if you pick your
>terrain well you may find a spot where they can't all get at you
>at once.

But that isn't how the rules work.  Either my squad makes it into HTH
with
your squad, or it doesn't.  If it does, then we pair off the models.
The
bit about "lines of two guys vs one guy" etc.  is referring to the game
mechanic of pulling both squads out of the terrain, lining them up and
pairing them off, etc.	I don't think he literally meant running them
forward in a ruler-straight skirmish line.  This isn't, after all,
40k... <g>

Having said that, I don't have a problem with one lucky vet being able
whack a bunch of less well trained troopers.  It makes the game
interesting, and makes close combat something to be considered carefully
(and not taken lightly).  Which is good.  And realistic.

Adrian

Prev: Re: RFACs Vs Infantry Next: Re: FT: Strikeboat design