Prev: Re: FT: 2 ships from TV Next: More HBW stuff.

RE: Tanks

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 20:14:34 +1000
Subject: RE: Tanks

SNIPPETY>
> I'm sorry, we're talking about 2185, we're probably going to
> have computers
> that can handle most of what we're talking about in 50 years,
> much less
> 185... with much more solid state equipment than we have

That may well be....if you have the Service Support on the ground, the
capabiity will still need to be there to do a lot of manual work too.

Anyway, I play in the GZG-verse, and unfortunately most of the military
ground forces seem to be either not issued with the latest tech or
supply is
short - maybe due to enemy interdiction :-(

Mind you, technology doesn't always progress as fast or as far as we
wish....look at the adds from the early Sixties that said that we'd be
driving on automated freeways bu 1999? Yeah, we have the technology to
do
this but we don't seem to actually be doing it, even on a reasonable
trial
basis yet...

my 2cents again...

Owen G

Prev: Re: FT: 2 ships from TV Next: More HBW stuff.