Prev: Re: FT: Strikeboat design Next: RE: Tanks

Re: FT: 2 ships from TV

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 07:57:16 +0000
Subject: Re: FT: 2 ships from TV

>On Wed, 9 Feb 2000 01:24:02 -0000 Robin Paul <Robin.Paul@tesco.net>
>wrote:
>
>> I'm currently expanding my fleets a bit, and today I got from
>Irregular an order which contains 2 ships from the telly: DYC8,
>"Confederation Dreadnought/Supercarrier Guardian Class Enforcer" is the
>Battlestar Galactica, about 75mm long, and £2.40, while for those of
us
>raised on Gerry Anderson, DYO16 "UNSC Backdraft Patrol Cruiser" is
>Fireball XL-5, 41mm long and £1.00. <
>
>No arguments about the not-XL-5, but how close is the Confederation
>ship to the Galactica? I have an Irregular ship that is very similar to
>the BG in general configuration, but quite different in detail --
>much skinnier landing bay pylons (and only 2 of them), "gun turrets" on
>either side of the nose, etc. If this is the same ship, then it always
>struck me as being more like an earlier generation of Battlestar --
>slightly smaller and with older technology. But it would make a good
>escort/support ship for a Galactica-type Battlestar; now, if only the
>Comet mini was bigger...
>
>Phil, wondering if there is a nice manufacturer out there who'd do,
>say, a 100mm long not-Galactica... <g>

Actually, Phil, I thought the Comet one was not far off that size
anyway?
It certainly stacks up well against our larger FT ships, IIRC... I'll
have
to dig mine out and see how big it really is.... (ooer...)
BTW, I think you are right about the Irreg model - the one described is
their "not-quite-Galactica", and I agree with you that it is quite
significantly different in all but overall configuration.

Jon (GZG)