Prev: Re: Bowing out Next: Re: FT: High Energy Turns (ala SFB)

RE: No Munchkin Zone

From: devans@u...
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 09:29:44 -0600
Subject: RE: No Munchkin Zone

***
Ahhh. Another cultural difference. Munchkin is slang in US (at least my
area) for anyone under the age of 16 (usually refers to a pre-teen or
younger).
***

;->= I'd suggest it would be difficult to find more 'middle' America
than
Lincoln, Nebraska. However, the two definitions merge when you figure
that
such an outlook is easily defined as 'immature'.

As it is context-derived, I might easily had thought of munchkins as
youthful if I hadn't seen the SJG book recently.

When looking at a large group of rowdy children on a playground, the
connection is even more clear.

What Brian's point reminds us is that immaturity manifests in all ages.
delight at being a kid when gaming; I hate it when I find myself being
childish. ;->=

Similar terms, different meanings: simple joi d'vie vs. petulant
irrationality.

I will, however, admit great admiration for those that can share games
with the young; does often take a special patience and understanding.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Bowing out Next: Re: FT: High Energy Turns (ala SFB)