Prev: RE: No Munchkin Zone Next: Ok I give up (Camouflage Needed)

Re: FT: High Energy Turns (ala SFB)

From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@s...>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 10:43:04 -0500
Subject: Re: FT: High Energy Turns (ala SFB)

I'm not to crazy about this idea.  It will make SML's very difficult to
ues.

Also, the requirement for an FTL drive is illogical.  I wasn't aware the
FTL
drives had anything at all to do with sub-light movement.  I could be
appropriate
in certain genre's, but not to theFT rules in general.	If a FTL capable
ship
with thrust of 2 can make an HET, why can't a non-FTL ship with a thrust
of 6???

A better idea for HET might be that it double the effectiveness of
thrust spent
for turning.  A thrust 2 ship could accel or decel 1 and make a 2 point
turn.  A
thrust 6 ship could accel or decel 3 and make a 6 point turn...  The
penalty for
a HET would be all weapons fire is treated as if the target was one
range band
farther, and a threashold check is made on the engines at the current
threshold
level +1.  This means an un-damaged ship has a 1/3 chance of reducing
its thrust
to half.  The HET still takes place.  This makes HET's a very useful,
but very
dangerous gamble...  It also prevents low thrust ships making impossible
maneuvers, ie 180 course changes...

IAS

Prev: RE: No Munchkin Zone Next: Ok I give up (Camouflage Needed)