Prev: Re: Fractional Hull Masses (was: FT III) Next: 4th Heavy Beams

Tank vision systems

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 09:16:07 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Tank vision systems

Just a thought, but if I were projecting to 21xx I would assume
that a tank would have cameras covering the surface feeding a
computer that turned the images into 3d feed, if not directly into
the tank commanders brain, into a set of 3d glasses that give
the tank crew a full 360 view.	That is assuming humans can learn
to deal with a 360 view.

Get out and look?  Why, when your tank is not only feeding you
the world enhanced but the sattelite imagery is feeding you
realtime pictures at .5 meter resolution and you have copies
of a full scan when the satellite is "unavailable"?

Roger

Prev: Re: Fractional Hull Masses (was: FT III) Next: 4th Heavy Beams