Prev: Re: Bailey's Lament Next: Re: over sized walkers

Re: Double-edged Mecha

From: "Scott Case" <tgunner@h...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 16:25:46 PST
Subject: Re: Double-edged Mecha

>If your mecha is very close to its target (within a couple hundred
>meters, max - basically what DSII calls Close Assault range) and/or >is

>*extremely* tall, it might be able to hit the voonerables with
>direct-fire weapons. If it isn't, the angle of impact will be much >too

>shallow to get any decent effect (and the target area will be >much
smaller
>than the front/side at those shallow angles, too)..

But here is where it gets ugly. In my old M1A1, anything under, say,
500m
looked and felt like they were right on top of you... 300m is point
blank
for a modern MBT. With the mecha standing about 30' or so tall, I could
probably pick that sucker off so far out that I would be little more
than a
5 or 6mm speck in his GPS (gunner's primary site). Also, a modern mbt is

only 13' or so feet tall at the top of the turrent... and the further
away
from it you are, the more of the front and less of the top and bottom
you're
going to see. I might be inclined to give a mecha the 'firing down'
bonus,
but only with in say 300 or 500m meters or so.

<shrugs>

The best bet IMO is to 'sluff' on the signature rule.

Scott

Prev: Re: Bailey's Lament Next: Re: over sized walkers