Prev: RE: OU ships and a hunt for some Battlestar Galactica "ish" fighters Next: Far Stars Union Web Page Upgrade (stuff for SG2)

SGII Scenario: Comments?

From: Brian Quirt <baqrt@m...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 20:20:35 -0400
Subject: SGII Scenario: Comments?

	This is a quick scenario that I've come up with, mostly to give
my
gaming group a bit to think about. I'd appreciate any suggestions about
things to consider before I run it, and I'll bring back an AAR after it
runs....

The Battle of New Drummondville:

Part I: Referee's Materials

	The early stages of the joint NAC/NSL Operation Galahad (2149,
attempt
to regain Lancelot- see p. 66 of the SGII rulebook for more info) were
marked by confusion as the two forces attempted to integrate their
chains of command. The initial assault on the ESU-held town of New
Drummondville in particular is a textbook example of miscommunications
leading to disaster.

Forces:

BLUE Forces: NAC Reinforced Platoon.

1 Command Squad (Vet. 2)
	-Commander (w/ pistol)
	-SAW Gunner (FP: D8/ Impact D10)
	-Medic (w/ pistol)
	-3 Troopers (w/ Rifle (FP3/ Impact D8))

2 Line Squads (Regular N)
	-Squad Leader (w/ Rifle)
	-3 Troopers (w/ Rifle)
	-Trooper w/ GMS/P (FC: Basic)
	-SAW Gunner

1 Heavy Weapons Squad (Regular 2)
	-Squad Leader (w/ Rifle)
	-2 Troopers w/ IAVR (FP: D10/ Impact D12*)
	-Trooper w/ AGL (FP: D8/ Impact D8*)
	-SAW Gunner (FP: D10/ Impact D10)

1 Powered Squad (Vet. 2) [note: treat as "slow" PA]
	-Command Suit
	-Rocket Suit
	-2X 'Standard' suit

RED Forces: NSL Reinforced Platoon.

BLACK Forces: Referee-controlled

2 Squads of ESU Infantry- Rifles, maybe a SAW (maybe not). (FP2/Impact
D8) (Regular 3, Green 2 and/or Green 3).

Essentially identical to the NAC platoon (or, at least, the same
firepower).

Setup: The town is in roughly the centre of the board. Each force enters
on one of the 'narrow' ends of the board.

Part II: Player's Materials:

BLUE Orders:
	The town of New Drummondville occupies a strategic position in
our
planned advance. We have received intelligence that it is only lightly
defended, but that the ESU plan to sneak in reinforcements under the
cover of darkness. Your assignment is to capture the town from its
defenders, while preventing any reinforcements from entering. You are to
maintain radio silence, communicating only by LOS tightbeam linkups.
Your troops will be issued night combat gear.

RED Orders:
	The town of New Drummondville occupies a strategic position in
our
planned advance. We have received intelligence that it is only lightly
defended, but that the ESU plan to sneak in reinforcements under the
cover of darkness. Your assignment is to capture the town from its
defenders, while preventing any reinforcements from entering. You are to
maintain radio silence, communicating only by LOS tightbeam linkups.
Your troops will be issued night combat gear.

Part III: Special Rules and Victory Conditions (Ref. only):
	-POW capture and interrogation rules are in effect. Any squad
which
captures an 'enemy' soldier must make an immediate reaction test to
successfully communicate their discovery to the Command Squad. They may
repeat this check every time that they are activated.
	-Only the Command squads may communicate with each other, and
only
after making a successful reaction test each (one to send, one to
LISTEN).
	-The in-town forces will fire on ANY troops who approach within
their
2nd range band.
	-Spotting roll MAY be made (if a PLAYER desires) and will, if
successful, reveal the identity of the opposing troops.

Victory: Each side starts with 10 VP. During the game:
	-1 VP is gained for every enemy (BLACK) soldier wounded or
killed.
	-1 VP is lost for every soldier wounded
	-2 VPs are lost for every soldier killed
	-2 VPs are lost for every 'enemy' (NSL for NAC/ NAC for NSL)
soldier wounded
	-3 VPs are lost for every 'enemy' soldier killed
	-10 VPs are gained for capturing the town (first side to do
this)
	-5 VPs are gained for successfully determining the real identity
of the
'hostile' forces (first side to do this)
	-5 VPs are gained for opening up communications (both players)

Any comments/advice?

-Brian