Prev: Re: Decals Next: RE: Japanese naval shipyards

Re: Decals

From: Thomas Pope <tpope@c...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 13:53:01 -0500
Subject: Re: Decals

Michael T Miserendino wrote:

> I have been using Micro-Armor decals for this and recently found some
> interesting decals from another supplier that I will check tonight as
well.
> They provided raditation markings, checkered patterns, and other cool
stuff
> that I can use in a variety of scale.

I'm guessing those would be from Beacon Publications.  I've got a bunch
and have
been generally happy with them.

Two observations about their packs:

1) They don't undercoat their decals with white.  That means colors like
yellow
   are going to be semi transparent and won't show up well on darker
   backgrounds.

2) The actual selection is rather uninspired.  Just a few cautions
warnings and
   radiation symbols in their sign package.  They're nicely done, and in
plenty
   of different scales, but you're not going to see anything new.

We're trying to addrss both of those problems with our decal sets.  Most
of them
will be overprinted on a white background so they'll show up better on
dark
colors.  For our set of warning signs, we're going to try and include a
variety
of interesting and SF looking additions to the standard set.

I'll have more in the way of actual examples shortly...

Tom

P.S. Do you know that your signature file has a ton of whitespace after
it?

--
Thomas Pope
Human Computer Interaction Institute

Prev: Re: Decals Next: RE: Japanese naval shipyards