Prev: FW: FT National crew and ship characteristics - Romanov Hegemony Next: RE: [OT] From the Earth to the Moon

Re: [FT] Crew Professionalism and Ship Quality

From: "Christopher Pratt" <valen@g...>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 06:59:06 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Crew Professionalism and Ship Quality

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan E and Carmel J Brain <aebrain@dynamite.com.au>
To: gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU <gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Date: Thursday, January 06, 2000 6:50 PM

>Roger Books wrote:
>

>> IMNSHO if you want better crew values they should cost more points
>> (extra training costs) in proportion to how much better they are
>> and how large the ship is, this should definately be in force in
>> a campaign game.

Perhaps we want to use a cost multiple for this,
say average crews are assumed on all ships and have a cost multiple of
1x
a good crew would then cost 1.5x, a poor crew 0.8x
Then we don't have to adjust the ship costs as printed in the book,
we just have to come up with a mechanic thats worth the extra cost

>...not just in a campaign game. If they have an effect tactically, up
>the tactical points costs too.

Chris Pratt
valen@gatecom.com

Prev: FW: FT National crew and ship characteristics - Romanov Hegemony Next: RE: [OT] From the Earth to the Moon