Prev: Re: Medtech a la Los Next: RE: I need help with starting a campaign.

Re: I need help with starting a campaign.

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 18:24:24 -0500
Subject: Re: I need help with starting a campaign.

From: Sindre Cools Berg <cobos@saers.com>

>My friends and I want to try playing a campaign game of FT.

Good.  I suggest that you keep the number of players around 5-7, as
having too many seems to lessen the interest for some participants
(when you affect 20% of the universe, you stay interested--when you
run 2%, you don't).  I also suggest that you keep it simple,
especially if this is your first campaign.  Maybe 5-8 systems per
player.  Don't try to run the whole ESU--run just a section of it,
playing the part of a provinvial governor, for example.

>Colonies ? What exactly is at the outer colonies systems ? How many
>planets, what kind of facilites etc.

No one has done any development on this kind of thing that I've heard
of, so feel free to make it up as you go.  That's what we do anyway.
Just beware of getting bogged down in too many details.

Prev: Re: Medtech a la Los Next: RE: I need help with starting a campaign.