Prev: re: Interdictors ? Next: SV: Interdictors ?

SV: Interdictors ?

From: "Sindre Cools Berg" <cobos@s...>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 15:54:27 +0100
Subject: SV: Interdictors ?

I'm
> > new to this list I hope this hasn't been discussed too much already.
> >
> > Gravity Well Projecters (no points for guessing where the idea came
> > from)
> > They come in a light and heavy variant.
> > One arc only.
> > The light takes 20 mass with a 1.5x mass in point cost.
> > The heavy takes 30 mass with a 1.5x mass in point cost
> > The range is approx 40% and approx 60% of the playing area
respectively.

> i like the idea, but what did you have in mind for a specific range
> for the light and heavy versions.  since folks use different size
> game tables, 40% and 60% means something different to everyone.
> how about a 30" (light) and 60" (heavy) diameter?

Well I wanted it not to be able to cover all the map, but with good
tactical
placement you can cover all the important parts.
> how long does the system take to charge up?  how long can the
> interdictor ship maintain the field?

Well in my idea I never thought of charge up time but that is a good
idea...maybe one full turn ?
Duration ? Well I would say since FT generally doesn't deal with fuel,
all
the battle long...
> oooohh, i see lots of cool scenarios with this idea!	high-tech
> ship raiding, pursuit, delaying actions, "save the crippled ships",
> etc....  i only hope the interdictor is well protected, 'cause
> it's gonna be a prime target!

Well that was why I thought I'd make this idea a bit more specific :) I
really liked the scenario options it gives, and the campaign
implications.... It works like any normal system really though you would
need a mass upwards of 150 if you want some real protection and fighting
power on it...But then you "waste" lots of your fleets points in
essentially
a noncombatant...but that is the point of this thing..to make that kind
of
decisions possible....
> dave

Sindre

Prev: re: Interdictors ? Next: SV: Interdictors ?