Prev: Re: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game Next: SV: Interdictors ?

re: Interdictors ?

From: "David Reeves" <davidar@n...>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 09:28:23 -0500
Subject: re: Interdictors ?

> Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 22:34:18 +0100
> From: Sindre Cools Berg <cobos@saers.com>
> Subject: Interdictors ?
>
> Recently I thought up a "new" system for use in Full Thrust....As I'm
> new to this list I hope this hasn't been discussed too much already.
>
> Gravity Well Projecters (no points for guessing where the idea came
> from)
> They come in a light and heavy variant.
> One arc only.
> The light takes 20 mass with a 1.5x mass in point cost.
> The heavy takes 30 mass with a 1.5x mass in point cost
> The range is approx 40% and approx 60% of the playing area
respectively.

i like the idea, but what did you have in mind for a specific range
for the light and heavy versions.  since folks use different size
game tables, 40% and 60% means something different to everyone.
how about a 30" (light) and 60" (heavy) diameter?

how long does the system take to charge up?  how long can the
interdictor ship maintain the field?

oooohh, i see lots of cool scenarios with this idea!  high-tech
ship raiding, pursuit, delaying actions, "save the crippled ships",
etc....  i only hope the interdictor is well protected, 'cause
it's gonna be a prime target!

dave

Prev: Re: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game Next: SV: Interdictors ?