Prev: Re: [FT] Crew Quality Next: Re: combat 'droids

Re: Ortillery platforms

From: RWHofrich@a...
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 06:34:42 EST
Subject: Re: Ortillery platforms

In a message dated 12/2/99 10:27:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
emu2020@hotmail.com writes:

> This led me to seriously doubt the inclusion of ortillery on
conventional
>  ships, and perhaps the inclusion of specific ortillery platforms into
my
>  fleet.  If a ship is going to be a sitting duck while issuing fire to
the
>  surface, it would likely be a defensive monster and wouldn't really
be
worth

>  placing much other offensive weaponry on.
>
>  I'd liek to hear others' takes on ortillery as perhaps I am missing
>  something.
>
>  Thanks,
>  Eli

That depends upon how you define your Ortillery system--If its a big
honking
laser or NPB or something, then you could have some problems when it
comes to
ortillery platforms in a hot environment.  On the other hand, if you
define
it as a magazine/launcher/controller/FCS for a bunch of Thor
mini-sattelites...

On the (third?) hand, an ortillery system here and there throughout the
fleet
could come in handy against LIGHTLY defended or undefended
recalcitrants.

Rob

Prev: Re: [FT] Crew Quality Next: Re: combat 'droids