Prev: Re: Ortillery platforms Next: Re: The GZG Digest V1 #602

Re: combat 'droids

From: RWHofrich@a...
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 06:34:46 EST
Subject: Re: combat 'droids

In a message dated 12/3/99 1:47:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
books@mail.state.fl.us writes:

> Droids do not need to make morale rolls, however, all other
>  rolls (such as going IP) are still made.
>
>  Due to the limited inititative of soldier droids if there
>  are no leader droids with the unit the droids will continue
>  to follow whatever their last set of orders were.  That is
>  why a (SW) squad of Droids consists of 6 combat droids
>  and 2 leader droids.  Due to some severe problems (annoyed
>  troops disconnecting voice boxes) humans and droids are
>  never mixed within a squad.
>
>  Combat Droid:
>
>  Armor: d8
>  Mobility: 6"  (No extra combat move)
>  Small Arms Type: Snub Blaster (not sure what to call it)
>  FP: 2
>  Impact: d10
>
>  Look OK or is it going to blow things out of the water?
>
>  Roger

Actually, in my first SG2 game, this is roughly what I did.  Except that
had the squad leaders unable to show much initiative, and therefore
needed to
be command from a command vehicle (within x"--I used 12", but the number

could vary depending upon weather conditions and EW environment).  And I
did
arm the squad leaders.

I kept the robot numbers low per squad (only 5) but did also give them
the
ability to cause fear in human opponents (like PA) when entering close
combat.

The robot squads were generally ineffective in the game due to very nice
(and
concentrated and LUCKY) shooting by the humans, but the robots should
have
been very tough opposition.  Your sound like they'd be even tougher,
since
they wouldn't be held back by the need to stay in command radius of the
controller vehicle (and this would hold everything back as long as the
robot
player didn't want to risk losing the vehicle).

Rob

Prev: Re: Ortillery platforms Next: Re: The GZG Digest V1 #602