Prev: Re: [Fwd: flanker New China Radar technology threatens US Stealth Aircraft!] Next: Re: [Fwd: flanker New China Radar technology threatens US Stealth Aircraft!]

RE: New China Radar technology [CLEAN STAMP]

From: "Rick Rutherford" <Rick@e...>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 10:29:48 -0500
Subject: RE: New China Radar technology [CLEAN STAMP]

Andrew Martin wrote:
> The Chinese are cunning, using Western Media against Western
> Stealth. Effectively passive EM imaging.

Hmmm... that's interesting -- China has recently been making noise
about information warfare, as well. The following articles appeared
in the Washington Times a couple of weeks ago:

Published on 11/17/99 in the Washington Times:
CHINA PLOTS WINNING ROLE IN CYBERSPACE
MILITARY PAPER CITES NEED FOR `PARALYZING' INTERNET SOFTWARE

China is preparing to carry out high-technology warfare over the
Internet and could develop a fourth branch of the armed services
devoted to information warfare, according to a Chinese military
newspaper.

An article in Thursday's Liberation Army Daily, the official daily
newspaper of the People's Liberation Army General Political Department,
said Internet warfare should be equated with combat operations for air,
land and sea forces.

Published on 11/18/99 in the Washington Times:
INTERNET WARFARE CONCERNS ADMIRAL
CHINA'S STANCE VIEWED AS THREAT

The Pentagon's top intelligence official said yesterday that China's
announced plans to conduct "Internet warfare" poses a future threat
to U.S. military dominance on the battlefield.

"We are clearly interested and concerned about this whole idea of
information attack," Vice Adm. Thomas Wilson, the new director of
the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), said in an interview.

While China isn't exactly known for its hacker-ish expertise,
especially when it comes to network security, it's interesting to
see that they are at least trying to frighten the rest of the world
into believing that they pose a threat.

Unfortunately, the "Information Warfare" miniatures game gets
REALLY boring very quickly... :)

--
Rick Rutherford

======
11/30/99 10:41:04

[INFO] -- Virus Manager:
This email message and any attachments were scanned by the WorldSecure
Server that protects Electronic Systems and itÂ’s customers. No Viruses
were detected in this message.

======