Prev: Re: UNSC SDN-X designs using Beth's EFSB Heavy Beams Systemsconversions Next: GZG Expanded Timeline

Re: [OT] Appleseed & Landmates which is On Topic

From: Aaron Teske <ateske@H...>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 20:13:44 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Appleseed & Landmates which is On Topic

At 09:53 PM 11/9/99 +0100, Magnus wrote:
>Steve Gill wrote:
>> RWHofrich@aol.com
[snippity]
>> > I've got some of the older Heavy Gear figures and they are not
really
>> > 15mm--more like 20mm.  They do mix well with Galoob/Micromachines
Star
Wars
>> > figures though...
>>
>> The old range of gears were made at 1:87 scale, they just seem to go
better
>> with 15mm than 20mm.
>>
>Any1 got pics online?

I have a few, "at http://www.hicom.net/~teske/minis/HG.html", though
those
are pictures that were taken with a pretty cruddy camera.  Other sites
are
available off my HG links page (~teske/hgear/links.html, I think).

For a size comparison, the average Hunter has a height of about 1.5
inches
at the shoulder, where the RAFM infantry for HG were 0.75" tall.  Jon's
25mm figs are roughly 1" tall.	I don't have any 15mm figs to compare
Gears
to, but which scale to use them with is pretty flexible IMO -- you could
argue that Jon's 25mm figs could fit in a Gear, though not anything
larger
(like GW or Warzone).  Keep in mind that in HG, a person's head is
usually
inside the Gear's head... for one thing, if the sensors get blown off,
the
pilot can raise the sensor cluster and still see.  (Think something like
the Ingram in Patlabor, which had the "normal" mode with the pilot's
head
just below the Ingram's.)

Later,

					Aaron Teske
					ateske@HICom.net
LAUNCH DAY!
A totally unprovoked attack on peaceful neighbors. Must be the race
file. Does strange things.
		--Rick Kucejko, on the War Monger PRT in Stars!

Prev: Re: UNSC SDN-X designs using Beth's EFSB Heavy Beams Systemsconversions Next: GZG Expanded Timeline