Prev: Re: [FT] SMR's Next: Re: [FT] MT missile control

Re: Fighters.... and the effects thereof.

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 11:13:14 +0100
Subject: Re: Fighters.... and the effects thereof.

Thomas Barclay wrote:

> So to deal with someone who brings ridiculous paper carriers to
battle
> with huge fleets of fighters, you have several choices, or a
combination
> of same:
> 1) Your own carriers.

Very much so. Furballs together with the MT Fighter Morale rules makes
Interceptor squadrons extremely nasty to incoming enemy fighters; and
if the enemy brings his own Interceptors to protect his strike, well -
he has just reduced the size of the strike for you himself; his
interceptors can't hurt your ships  :-)

> 2) DDs and small ships to kill their carrier before their fighters
are a
> threat - they travel in packs and can be very lethal if used right
> (thanks Oerjan!)

The trick is using them right <g>

> 3) PDS PDS PDS! ADFC! Just double or triple your PDS (or four times
if
> need be - they are low mass).
> 4) Formation tactics: use overlapping fire to rip them up
> 5) Aegis escorts. (similar to 3)
> 6) SPEED. If you have a big enough table, you can outrun the little
> buggers. Oerjan is master of the high speed jousts.

Well, I have my fair share of spectacular disasters as well, so
"master" may be a bit much. "A minute to learn, a lifetime to master",
and I haven't lived a full lifetime yet :-) It is bit harder to outrun
fighters in Vector, though, and Nathan & co. don't use Cinematic at
all.

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [FT] SMR's Next: Re: [FT] MT missile control