Prev: Re: Fighters.... and the effects thereof. Next: Re: Brigade's SemFed designs

Re: [FT] MT missile control

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 11:16:08 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] MT missile control

Beth wrote:

> >Nik should be the one laughing.  MT missiles explicitly have their
own
> >firecon.  MT page 3, 3rd paragraph under Missile Fire.
>
> We don't use fire and forget missiles under Derek's MT rules -
otherwise
> you'd have to wirte down their target as you fired them - instead we
treat
> them similar to Semi-Active Radar Homing. Derek has played with the
> idea of having fire and forget missiles but hasn't put it to the
group here
> yet, but that would require each missile to be labeled and a target
> designated for it at the time of launching. Using them as per the 3rd
para > pg 3 of MT without a written record leaves fire and forget a bit
open to
> abuse (at least in Derek's opinion).

We have self-targetting AT submunitions today, so I don't see why the
big ship-killers wouldn't be able to do it tomorrow...

Beth and Derek, when you're asking for comments on rule suggestions,
giving us *all* your relevant house rules at the outset instead of
barely hinting at them would make it ever so much easier to give
intelligent feedback :-/

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Fighters.... and the effects thereof. Next: Re: Brigade's SemFed designs