Prev: RE: [FT] FTL tugs Next: Impressions of Stargrunt, Full Thrust, Dirtside

Re: Underwater questions [ot]

From: trapper <trapper@n...>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 17:22:42 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Underwater questions [ot]

At 07:54 PM 11/3/99 -0500, Nyrath wrote:

>	There was a weird Anime version (Super Atragon) which had
>	little to do with the original, except for the sub.

Speaking of submarine combat and anime, those interested should check
out
Blue Sub No. 6, a four-part OAV that came out a few years ago.	The
setting
is interesting and the series takes place in the near future.  Most of
the
world is devastated and underwater, apparently due to the misdeeds of a
shady genetic engineer and his legion of mutant critters.  Apart from
being
a great show, Blue Sub also makes for good game source material.  It
features fighter mini-subs, big submarines, and a host of weird
bioengineered aquatic critters.

The animation is gorgeous and completely CG.  Most of the character
scenes
are done in 2-D computer graphics (which is visually indistinguishable
from
the cell-drawn anime we're used to), while the action / mecha scenes are
done in 3-D (a la, the recent Starship Troopers show).	This mixing of
animation styles may sound strange but it looks great in the show.

Here's a website I dug up on the series:

http://www.amotokyo.com/ao6/index.htm

-trapper

Prev: RE: [FT] FTL tugs Next: Impressions of Stargrunt, Full Thrust, Dirtside