Prev: Re: [FT] FTL tugs Next: Re: Underwater questions [ot]

RE: [FT] FTL tugs

From: Daniel Cleyne <DCleyne@c...>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 12:05:18 +1100
Subject: RE: [FT] FTL tugs

> Take the normal 10% of Mass for FTL for the tender.  To this
> add mass for FTL drives equal to 20% of the mass to be towed.
> It spells it out fairly well on page 8.

	Oh wow. How blind am I. Thanks for that. I was looking for ways
be able to extend the construction rules to deal with a 'hyperspace'
universe in which some ships could get bigger FTL drives to push them
through hyperspace faster than normal FTL drives.

> greater than 5% (12.5) and less than 10% (25).  If the tug had less
> than 12 mass of drives it would be unable to move the full cargo
> load at combat thrusts.  Wether it can move it at all is up to
> a house rule.

	Cool. I hadn't even considered that as a problem yet. It seems
like
a sensible solution

	Cheers

	Dan

Prev: Re: [FT] FTL tugs Next: Re: Underwater questions [ot]