Prev: Re: OT Query: Starship Troopers- MIA??? Next: RE: [FT] FTL tugs

Re: [FT] FTL tugs

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 20:04:46 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] FTL tugs

Daniel Cleyne wrote:

> Guys
>
> How do FTL tugs work with the fleet book construction rules?

Take the normal 10% of Mass for FTL for the tender.  To this
add mass for FTL drives equal to 20% of the mass to be towed.
It spells it out fairly well on page 8.

What it doesn't mention is towing normally.  What we are doing
is assuming the tender can still tow whatever mass, however, to
determine thrust use the current mass of manuever drivers compared
to the (mass of ship + towing ship).  For instance, (using my
tug) I have a 100 mass tug which may FTL tow 150 mass.	When
not towing it is thrust 3 (15 mass of manuever drives).  When towing
its max it is thrust 1, 250 mass ship, 15 mass of manuever is
greater than 5% (12.5) and less than 10% (25).	If the tug had less
than 12 mass of drives it would be unable to move the full cargo
load at combat thrusts.  Wether it can move it at all is up to
a house rule.

Roger

Prev: Re: OT Query: Starship Troopers- MIA??? Next: RE: [FT] FTL tugs