Prev: Re: Underwater questions [ot] Next: anti fighter missiles

Impressions of Stargrunt, Full Thrust, Dirtside

From: RWHofrich@a...
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 20:29:55 EST
Subject: Impressions of Stargrunt, Full Thrust, Dirtside

While I've been playing Full Thrust for quite some time, I hadn't had
the
opportunity to try out any of the other games until last month.

Before I get nuked, I have to say that I REALLY like Full Thrust 2.5.
As a
former SFB and Starfire (the old micor game) and Warp War and
Interceptor and
Aerotech player, I appreciate the simplicity of the rules.  They are
great
and I've been hooked on them since '93 or so.

Anyway on to the story at hand.  We played a game of Stargrunt over here
in
Richmond (Virginia) utilizing large 15mm figures in a battle set in the
Star
Wars universe.	I have to say that I was a bit disappointed--the rules
are
fine, but I just can't seem to get over my dislike of using differing
die
types.	Oh well.  I'll be trying out Dirtside II on November 20 with a
Romanov vs ESU scenario to see if I can manage to work my way past my
MDTP
(multiple die type phobia).

Until then, I think I'll scratch-build a few more Streltsy destroyers...

Rob

Prev: Re: Underwater questions [ot] Next: anti fighter missiles