Prev: Re: Subwar 2050 [ot] Next: RE: New FT Ideas: The Kraelj Dampening Field / EMP Salvo Missile s

Re: [FT]Scenario Question

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 08:43:45 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [FT]Scenario Question

On  3-Nov-99 at 03:15, Donald Hosford (hosford.donald@acd.net) wrote:
> My friend has desided to try a game of FT.  On that thought, we came
up
> with a few ideas for a scenario:
>
> Problem 2: Freighter capture -- How does the pirate capture the
> freighters?  Is it reasonable to allow the pirates to have tractor
> beams?  Or does he use some kind of "aimed shots"?

Needle beams are the standard way of dealing with this.  First take
out the manuever drives, then the FTL.	There are also boarding
parties.

Want to try a "nasty"?	A CVE (mine is 250NPV with two groups of
fighters) is really nasty against small ships.	Big boys swat the
fighters down, but destroyers and smaller tend to have little in
the way of defenses.

Roger

Prev: Re: Subwar 2050 [ot] Next: RE: New FT Ideas: The Kraelj Dampening Field / EMP Salvo Missile s